Social media policy – providing companies with an essential, customised, risk management tool.
Through consultation with our clients, we can develop a social media policy tailored specifically to their business and addressing specific requirements and potential areas of risk.
Issues we consider include:
· Access – who do you want to have access to social media in the workplace and to what and when? How will you decide that?
· Who is responsible for the implementation and mentoring/management of social media in your workplace?
· Issues relating to specific areas of the business that you will want to address. For example, a company selling highly technical or professional products or services may only want certain, more qualified employees to comment about certain technical questions/aspects of the business, rather than leaving it up to the general masses.
· Privacy issues – how do you protect confidential company, client/supplier and employee information?
· Monitoring – what can you do to monitor usage of social media?
· Violation consequences – the strategies of dealing with violations of company policy will be different in many situations.
· Integration with existing employment policies.